enowning
Wednesday, August 10, 2005
 
In-der-Blog-sein

Shane Wilkins while beefing about Barth:
The line between theology and philosophy is quite a bit more porous than I used to think. Heidegger said that his theology would never use the word Being, but it is not clear to me that one can have a discourse about anything, God included, without reference to the concept of Being. Nor does it seem to me that all theology which reference being is 'ontotheological' in the sense that Heidegger rightly criticizes.
I need to track down criticisms of ontotheology before reviewing Iain Thomson's new book, but I'd have suspected that any theology which references being in a significant way to be ontotheological by definition. I recall somewhere Heidegger directing criticisms towards philosophers, who were accused of engaging in ontotheology.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
For when Ereignis is not sufficient.

Appropriation appropriates! Send your appropriations to enowning at gmail.com.

View mobile version