enowning
Sunday, October 30, 2005
 
In-der-Blog-sein

Pangrammaticon collates two quotes from Ezra Pound and Heidegger that hint about metaphysics and man.

However, I couldn't find that quote in B&T, but I did find this one:
Dasein is an entity which is in each case I myself; its Being is in each case mine.
Heidegger calls this just a (formal?) indication, and then tries to seperate this Being, the "I", that is Dasein, from the Cartesian subject, gazing out into a world of objects, as is the case with metaphysics. To wit:
It could be that the "who" of everyday Dasein just is not the "I myself".
P. 150
As Jean Grodin indicates:
[W]ithout this opening, this fulguration of Being would not take place. However, man does not control this fulguration. He is there (hence the term Da-sein), he belongs to it, for he himself is a sudden emergence, a rest-less unfolding in the opening of the present. This is Heidegger's fundamental experience.
P. 26
That fulguration of being, of course, being enowning.
 
Comments:
Sorry about that. Wrong page reference on my post. It's actually on H. 41--the first two sentences of ยง9. I use the Macquarrie and Robinson translation.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
For when Ereignis is not sufficient.

Appropriation appropriates! Send your appropriations to enowning at gmail.com.

View mobile version