enowning
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
 
LIVE from the NY Public Library, Werner Herzog in conversation with Paul Holdengräber. Q&A.
Q: About Martin Heidegger.

WERNER HERZOG: What was the question?

PAUL HOLDENGRÄBER: Can you say something about Martin Heidegger?

WERNER HERZOG: I have never read anything of Martin Heidegger. I am not good in reading philosophy. We are sitting here with a trained philosopher, a learned philosopher, and Paul has always been appalled that I have not read this and not that and not the other so I have hardly ever read Heidegger.

PAUL HOLDENGRÄBER: It always reminds me of a comment of a teacher of mine when he was asked if he had read something: He said, “Read it? I haven’t even taught it.”
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
For when Ereignis is not sufficient.

Appropriation appropriates! Send your appropriations to enowning at gmail.com.

View mobile version