enowning
Sunday, March 22, 2009
 
About Godard's Two or Three Things I Know About Her.
In it a young boy tells his mother Juliette (Marina Vlady) about a dream he’s had. "I was walking all alone along the edge of a cliff. The path was only wide enough for one person. I saw two twins coming towards me. I wondered how they would get past. Suddenly, one of the twins went towards the other and they became one person. And then I realized that these two people were North and South Vietnam being united." In the counter shot, the camera returns to Juliette lying on the couch, smiling blankly. Her son then asks, "What is language?" She replies, "Language is the house that man dwells in."
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
For when Ereignis is not sufficient.

Appropriation appropriates! Send your appropriations to enowning at gmail.com.

View mobile version