enowning
Wednesday, July 08, 2009
 
Cuban artist Juan Carlos Rodríguez explains his art.
These large structures or paintings with natural elements are influenced by the readings of German philosopher, Martin Heidegger. He said that every human being is a project of being. Afterwards in an epitaph of Rayuela, - the novel by Argentinean writer Julio Cortázar -, I found: “a human being isn’t except that s/he tries to be, plans to be.”

This explains what art means to me: a path that I have to travel while going through life and not an end that I must reach. If tomorrow I consider that I must not do what people call art, I won’t do any more. Art is another of the roads of my life and because of this I have never hurried the works.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
For when Ereignis is not sufficient.

Appropriation appropriates! Send your appropriations to enowning at gmail.com.

View mobile version