enowning
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
 
In-der-Blog-sein

Enzymepdx interviews I've Lost guitarist Bobby Jones.
Q. How did you come up with the name I’ve Lost?

JONES: About the artist name: I have been racking my brain trying to remember where “I’ve Lost” came from. I think it came from a bunch of reading of existentialist writers and philosophy, and was dealing with issues of loss of freedom, youth, added responsibility, etc. I was also thinking about the crisis of facing the void, or nothingness. Heidegger called it the condition of being forlorn.
I expect in Texas there's a band called The Forlorn Longhorn, or at least a trombonist with that moniker.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
For when Ereignis is not sufficient.

Appropriation appropriates! Send your appropriations to enowning at gmail.com.

View mobile version