enowning
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
 
The Quietus interviews sound artist Mark Fell.
"I'm very into reading philosophy. In particular I'm very into this guy Martin Heidegger, who promotes a view of the human being as absorbed into the world. Most of the time you're not actually conscious of yourself as being separate from your environment, it's only when you stop and think that you become separate from your environment. So for me that kind of belief that Heidegger promoted really rang true for me, growing up in Rotherham where my dad was a steelworker and observing him doing certain things. So I guess the way I work with sound on one hand is trying to create this weirdness, but on the other hand I'm trying to question this received wisdom that the academic community has about electro acoustic sound."
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
For when Ereignis is not sufficient.

Appropriation appropriates! Send your appropriations to enowning at gmail.com.

View mobile version