enowning
Saturday, May 30, 2015
 
On the defective S&Z.
Existence is the mode of Being of the human beings we ourselves are. I call the characters of this mode of Being "existentials," and the questioning, investigating, and analyzing of humans with respect to their Being, as well the analysis and articulation of this Being, "existential analysis" ("analytics"). So it is in Being and Time I. Nevertheless, in that treatise, the concept of existence is not employed with the necessary univocity and determinateness, and it falls short of the clarity of the guiding problem. A great defect. Soon after the appearance of the treatise, I attained the only version of the concept of existence that is appropriate to the guiding problem, and I have since been expounding this concept in my lecture courses and seminars.
P. 64
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
For when Ereignis is not sufficient.

Appropriation appropriates! Send your appropriations to enowning at gmail.com.

View mobile version