enowning
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
 
In The Indian Express, an art exhibition premised on "Building Dwelling Thinking".
“It is an essay that I first read in 1988, when I was in college and it has been with me since then,” says Hoskote, “There was a period when I couldn’t bring myself to read Heidegger because of his politics, but if you read the essay with the knowledge of who the writer is and what he had done, you can see him attempting to understand a society that accommodated diversity, instead of rejecting it. This is a theme that resonates today. There is an openness in the world now, even as we struggle to come to terms with the ‘other’.”
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
For when Ereignis is not sufficient.

Appropriation appropriates! Send your appropriations to enowning at gmail.com.

View mobile version